Sunday, September 18, 2011

Someone I miss.

So, tonight I am going to talk/write about the most important person I miss.
I do not want this post to be sad, tragic, emotional, or whatever, since I do not feel any sad feeling writing about this. I totally feel proud that I can write about my grandma’.

I am going to start with my grandma’, Ethel (dad’s mom). I do not even know where I should start, to be quite honest. She was a happy, amazing, funny, special, confident, brave woman. She was my "one in a million". I have always said that she was my best friend; we had so much in common, she even knew things that not even my friends would ever know about me. She gave me my favorite teddy, she taught me the best lessons, and she gave me confidence and strength. When I was little I called her everyday and talked about silly things with her for hours, or at least that is what my mom always says. Seriously, what would a five year-old would talk with a grown up? We could say she was a great listener. And even though she is not here with me anymore, in some way, I can feel her. I know she is always with me supporting me like she did when she was here. I have so many memories with her, memories that I will never forget. I would do anything just to spend at least five minutes with her again, just to give her a big hug.

Here comes the “sad” part…

One day, my brother had an accident, so we had to go to the hospital and spend the whole day there, so I asked my dad if we could go and visit his parents. Their house was like four blocks away from the hospital, so we decided to walk to their home with my dog, and my mom stood in the hospital with my brother. I remember that that day we were talking about music, how I dealing with school, and of course we talked about our lives, her anecdotes, and how she was “slapping diabetes on the face”. We were walking in her big garden. After spending more or less three hours with her, my mom called us and said that we should go to the hospital to see my brother. When we were leaving, I remember we were calling my dog; she did not want to leave. She wanted to stay there with my grandma’. I had to run after my dog, because we really needed to go. My dad and I were surprised about that, so while we were talking about how weird was that my dog did not want to leave. Before going to the hospital we went to McDonald’s to eat something, we were starving and of course, we would not eat hospital food.
We got to the hospital and waited for my brother and mom so we could finally go home. When I got home, my friends were waiting for me so we could talk like we always did so I stayed there with them. Like five minutes after we arrived home, my dad received a call from my aunt. My dad looked out the window to call me, he sounded so grumpy so I went up the stairs to his room and my mom and her best friend were there. They did not know what was going on until my dad told me with a sad voice “Your nanny had a heart attack.” I could not even believe it, I was with her one hour before this happened. I ran to my friend’s house and told her what was happening. I remember I was crying like a baby. Anyway, I had to go to my other nanny’s home, because my parents had to go to see everything about the funeral and stuff. I could not stop crying that day, it hit me hard. I did not expect that. She was fine when I was with her, she looked so good. She did not even look sick.

Next day at the funeral, I was with my dad. We cried together like babies. It was weird to see my dad crying, since the last time I saw him crying was when the doctor told him that he had serious heart problems. He told me that my grandma’ would not like to see us cry, that she would always be there with us; the only difference would be that we would not be able to see her. I knew that crying would not bring her back, and my dad was right, she would not like to see us sad. I tried not to cry, I really did, but it would be so weird not having her in my life. And to be honest, I still cry for her, and I can not help it.

I feel really lucky to say that she was my grandma’, though. I feel lucky to say I have Ethel in my life. I feel proud every time I say she was my best friend. And I know she is watching me from wherever she is at. I know she is here with me, looking at what I am writing and saying “Why are you still crying for me? You better smile or I will hit you.” Or something like that (hahaha). She is my role model. Because of her I want to travel all over the world like she did. I wish I could thank I wish I could thank all she did for me and say "I love you" one last time. I think I'll have to wait, though.

So now I just have two things to say. First, appreciate everyone and everything you have, because you never know when the chapter ends. And yes, everything lasts forever, but only in heart and mind.  So be thankful of what you have, peeps. Second, enjoy every second you spend with someone special, even if it is boring, because at some point of your life, the only thing you will have with the other person will be memories.

1 comment:

  1. And yes, everything lasts forever, but only in heart and mind. So be thankful of what you have, peeps. Second, enjoy every second you spend with someone special, even if it is boring, because at some point of your life, the only thing you will have with the other person will be memories.

    TE PELASTE TANTO :') im proud of you little sojan! iloveyou bfs

    ReplyDelete